Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The "Must Have" Reading Apps for Kindergarten

With so many Apps out there, it is often overwhelming to search out and find good apps for your classroom. So I would like to start sharing some of the Apps that I think are "must have" reading apps for kindergarten.

Please look over this list and feel free to leave comments if you have found other apps that you think I should add to my "must have" list.


  1. Montessori Crosswords - Spelling with Phonics
  2. Beginning Sounds Interactive Game
  3. Bob Books #1 - Reading Magic
  4. Booksy SE
  5. ABC Magic Reading Short Vowel Words
  6. Letter of the Day Interactive Activities
  7. ABC - Magnetic Alphabet HD
  8. Jr. Bingo
  9. Kids Learning to Read - Little Reader 3 Letter Words
  10. AlphaTots
All of these apps can be found in the iTunes App Store.

5 comments:

  1. These look great Geoff. I have a preschooler who would probably love some of these! I'll have to take a look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I wish I had those last year when my daughter was in Kindergarten!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter just finished first grade and we LOVED the "Teach Me" app for first grade. I would bet the Kindergarten one would be just as fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geoff, I've never taught Kindergarten, so I wouldn't begin to know what was appropriate for them. I do know that my 4 year old nephew loves Fruit Ninja, the Smurfs, and Spiderman on my iPad. None of these are educational in nature. He also enjoys Talking Tom (and the other talking apps).

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are not educational in nature but they are fun. Another non educational game that my kids and I really enjoy is Cut the Rope.

    ReplyDelete